.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Describe my Philosophy of Nursing

Question: Describe my philosophy of nursing. Answer: An attitude towards reality and life which has evolved from the beliefs of every nurses life is referred to as the philosophy of nursing (Masters 2015). This definition has given the freedom to all the nurses to have and practice their own beliefs. For many years there has been a long-term debate going as whether nursing is an art or science. I being the nurse myself, particularly believe that nursing is both because to be the successful nurse, I should be able to know the art and techniques of caring and also should have the thorough knowledge of science to apply in my profession. Florence Nightingale always strikes my mind whenever the topic of nursing comes in talks as she is referred to as the pioneer of nursing. My nursing philosophy involves four things in my life. They are an environment, society, patient receiving the care and the interaction between these three elements that is society, environment and patient. Caring is an integral part of nursing as without proper care and affection the nurse cannot be connected with the patient. If the nurse doesn't build up a trusting relationship with the patient, then a therapeutic nursing would not take place. A well competent nurse should be well equipped with all the available techniques and should have the knowledge of human body anatomy and physiology, pathology and the recent pharmacological guidelines (Alligood 2013). For me, nursing is giving a gift to society while helping others. It gives me peace and motivation to serve patients. References: Alligood, M.R., 2013.Nursing theory: Utilization application. Elsevier Health Sciences. Masters, K., 2015.Role development in professional nursing practice. Jones Bartlett Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment